Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Space of My Own


Close up (currently writing thank you notes from Ollie's birthday party)

(need to fill in desk frame) Yellow Hello Kitty tin now holds pens and pencils :)

Cute bunny tape dispenser and mini mason jar for paper clips, etc.


new knob from Anthropologie

I finally have a little area in my home of my very own {bedroom doesn't count once you're married ;)}. I love doing mini home projects that don't cost much, but make a huge difference. My desk originally had a wood colored top, so I just sanded and spray painted black to match the legs, screwed in a cute little knob, and that was it. The transformation was probably only $15.

Now, I am on the hunt for a chair for my little desk area. I already know I plan to paint it a high gloss white with a busy black and white print cushion seat. Stay tuned for that post ;)

xx-Jackie

Labels:

13 Comments:

At June 29, 2011 at 1:08 AM , Blogger Gawgus things... said...

What a gorgeous space! You've made it look lovely xx

 
At June 30, 2011 at 12:17 PM , Blogger Jesse said...

I love it, it looks so chic. Did the lamp come already with the flowers on or did you customize? It looks so pretty!

 
At June 30, 2011 at 12:41 PM , Anonymous Jackie said...

Thank you! xx
Jesse, it came like that. Funny story I purchased it while on vacation visiting my friend and had to carry the lamp shade in my carry on bc it wouldn't fit it suitcase! :P

 
At July 6, 2011 at 10:49 AM , Blogger MaviDeniz said...

that mirror and lamp is so cute and goes perfectly together :

Xo

 
At July 18, 2011 at 2:21 PM , Blogger HeatherClark said...

that's a beautiful mirror you have! and i love all the knobs from anthropologie

http://www.heatherinacandyshop.com

 
At July 22, 2011 at 7:33 AM , Blogger Bea said...

This looks amazing jackie!! such an inspiring place to work!! I looooveit!!
And yes I did cut my hair like 3 months ago it has grown and I finally found how to wear it... ;)
thanks for following I love your comments!!
xx
Bea

 
At July 26, 2011 at 2:36 AM , Blogger Carlinn said...

So cute! I love the lamp :)

 
At August 9, 2011 at 6:37 AM , Blogger Mar said...

I love your work area! The mirror hanging is beautiful, reminds me of antique mirror from the Spanish era! By the way, I featured your accessories from you blog, and linked back to yours! Hope you can check it out! All the best! - Mar
-Not Your Ordinary Beauty Queen-
Don't miss: A House of Harlow-esque Giveaway!

 
At August 10, 2011 at 11:14 PM , Blogger CINCHED AT THE WAIST said...

that mirror is gooorgeous! i coud use one like that, can completly change a room!

have you entered our marc jacobs giveaway?
http://www.cinchedatthewaist.com/2011/07/back-to-school-giveaway.html

 
At August 11, 2011 at 12:41 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

oh it's a great little space. I love having my office finally finished, it's a dream to work in!

 
At August 12, 2011 at 4:22 AM , Blogger Bang and Buck said...

you need "you space", good thing you have customised it to how you like it!

xo

Bang & Buck

 
At August 16, 2011 at 12:20 PM , Blogger Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Love your little space, Jackie! It's perfectly sweet and girly. ;) The Anthro knobs are perfection!!!

 
At August 30, 2011 at 1:21 PM , Blogger SAM said...

What a fun space! The name of your blog is so cute, one of my favorite names is Oliver :)

www.justfaabulous.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home