Friday, December 23, 2011

LADDERBACK CHAIRS: BEFORE AND AFTER

I love d.i.y. projects! I am always one to take on the challenge of transforming something that doesn't look like it has potential into something pretty. It allows me to be creative.

So, a while back I was searching for furniture on craigslist and found these ladderback chairs. The lady was selling 6 chairs plus a table for a price I simply could not pass up!

BEFORE:

brown


red vinyl


YUCK!

and....

AFTER



I ended up only keeping two for my kitchen nook. I purchased the fabric here. The table was also a score, I believe it was around $50 at TJ Maxx a few years back and the white bench was my mom's. I purchased 2 yards of fabric and with the left over, I plan to make two pillows for the bench.

So what do you think? Hope you like it as much as I do :)

xx-Jackie

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At December 23, 2011 at 1:56 PM , Blogger pancakestacker said...

omg! i am so jealous of your diy skills!! i recently moved into my apartment and furnishing is such a hassle! i have inherited an cute old kitchen table sans chairs and this just inspired me to whip out the paint cans and rolls of fabric! happy holidays!!

xoxo,
http://pancakeSTACKER.blogspot.com

 
At December 23, 2011 at 2:02 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

@pancakestacker - Aww, thanks so much! I personally love the mix of furniture, looks more unique and has more personality! Good luck and happy holidays to you! xx

 
At December 25, 2011 at 8:48 PM , Blogger Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Girl you are so talented!! The "new" chairs look AH-MAAAAZ-ING! :) You are goooooood! Love the chevron print fabric! You've definitely inspired me!!

Miss talking to you! Hope you and your family are having very happy holidays! xoxo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home