Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy 2012 & Keeping Focused


  
Decorating to me is so enjoyable. On the downside, it is costly and usually takes longer than I'd like. I'm trying to stay focused though... one room at a time, problem is (well not really a problem) I have two other mini areas in my dining room. So in order for the entire room to look complete, I have to address each of these mini areas. This is where I start to loose focus because I bounce from one project to another. 

Right now the "bar area" is being used as a mantle for a couple prints I want to frame for a gallery wall on opposite side. I have a vintage painting of my mom that I love, but I don't think she would approve of me having a painting of her above my bar area lol!   

One of my favorite pictures. I love the purple Jacaranda trees and the balloons in center just look so peaceful. I'm thinking since this one is my favorite, I will center the gallery wall around it. 

Future gallery wall of prints/pictures/paintings, different places I've traveled.  The white mirror was another cheap find! I spray painted it a glossy white, but...I don't know where to place it. I'm thinking above my desk?? What do you think?

These two tufted stools I purchased years ago from Target. My son noticed the sparkly button and pulled it off :( need to have it sewn. I love their bright fuschia color.


Lastly, Since walls are white, I do need some color other than what I already have and plan on doing with the gallery wall, so I was thinking some curtain panels. Something inexpensive but still a little dramatic looking. These caught my eye, I love the pattern and what else goes better with white than black right? 

To sum up this post, I need to cover up these bare walls! 

Happy Friday! 

Labels:

8 Comments:

At January 8, 2012 at 8:28 PM , Blogger Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Looking so good! I have a problem keeping focused on one area, as well. Ahh! So hard. But you can do it! AND I LOVE your style. :)

Hope you had a happy weekend! xo

 
At January 12, 2012 at 8:03 AM , Blogger Gawgus things... said...

I love your tufted stools, and I think you've just found me my next pair of curtains! I was looking for a black and white chevron print but I think I much prefer this - thank you very much ;)
Emma xx

 
At January 12, 2012 at 9:50 AM , Blogger ALLAROUNDEVE said...

We share our "blog quote" AND a taste for mirrors :)

EAK

 
At January 17, 2012 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Shop Citygirl said...

Great idea with the tray om your bar and i do love the stools! :)

 
At January 18, 2012 at 2:34 PM , Blogger Rach said...

I absolutely love that mirror!

 
At January 19, 2012 at 11:57 AM , Blogger Erica Cook said...

Hi Jackie! Your space looks great. Thanks so much for dropping by Moth Design and for your lovely comment. You really made my day. I have left you a note under your comment with regards to the bottles. Have a great day! xo Erica

 
At January 19, 2012 at 3:13 PM , Blogger Jessica said...

I love that mirror, your Mr. & Mrs. glasses, your dalmatian coasters, and that you have a vintage painting of your mom. Here I am on ebay and etsy looking for vintage paintings of total strangers. That would be so cool to have one of an actual family member.

 
At January 21, 2012 at 8:11 PM , Blogger JanandJill.com said...

I know what you mean it is so costly and always takes longer than I'd like. Your house looks great and it's going to be perfect, I love the mirror and it's inspiring to see what you're doing because my sister just moved to a new place and wants me to help her decorate. I'm going to show her this post...

Following you now,
xoDale
http://www.savvyspice.net/

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home